Monday, January 9, 2012

Curse the Darkness

The response of everybody to the Brady stupidity/bloody shirt tactics, got me thinking today.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. – Chinese proverb

The Brady Campaign are the ones cursing the darkness that lies in all men's hearts. Better writers than me have detailed how a lack of guns do nothing to stop violence, and how guns are the only force that does not bias itself to the young, strong, and numerous.

Those people who posted pictures of their carry firearm(or favorite firearm) next to a candle are those who have truly understood this proverb. They are the ones who are taking a step in the direction of recognizing that in this world only force counters force and that you are responsible for your own safety.

So who brings enlightenment those who would empower you and trust you as their fellow free citizen or those who would see you beholden to the state for any power of force to maintain your personal safety?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would go so far as "well" Keads, but someone needed to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had my permit in California, I had 2 incidents where I encountered some folks on my property with my pistol in my waist ban.

    The incidents turned out to be nothing of concern but considering the possibilities
    was scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OCM & Phelan- Thanks for the comments I'm wiped out from driving today so I don't feel witty enough to say more than that.

    ReplyDelete