Thursday, August 25, 2022

Fresh Bag Inclusion Ideas

Small break from this blogs semi-retired autopilot of cheesecake. 


I've been thinking about items that I don't tend to see in Bug-out-Bag/Get-home-bag lists so I thought over the next few days I'd write up a few. The criteria are partially that I have to have noticed a lack of this advice in common articles on such, that they have to be light (ounces equals pounds, pounds equals pain), and they have to be inexpensive as these are items for a low probability high consequence event (links to product, but I get NO kickback more's the pity). The first item I think gets left off of too many recommendations is a "pocket" sized pair of binoculars. 



8x21 Mini Compact Pocket Binoculars 

So if you can't already imagine the scenarios that you might need something like this take a moment. They won't be fool proof but they might give you a chance to scope out an area for hostility or hazards before you get close enough to become involved in such.

Dimensions: 4"x"2"x2" so should fit in most kits

Price: $10-20 less than a meal out anymore for one person.

At least a couple more of this series to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Toss in a cheap magnifying glass. To make fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that there aren't other uses for a magnifying glass, but a spare for the mini-bic you should have in your pocket would be less time and weather dependent.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Here's hoping you agree with my other suggestions.

      Delete