Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tactical Wiskey Tango Foxtrot

Tonight at work someone came in to refill the ATM machine. As is my habit as I walked past I looked to see how the relatively young man was armed. The following data-points jumped out at me:
  • 1970's era blued 1911 but with a left handed thumb safety.(Hey if that's what you're best with carry it.)
  • In a drop leg holster.(If you want to strap a couple of pounds to one of your legs all day that's your business).
  •  Hammer down.(Dude if you work in a job that is dangerous enough to actually want you to be armed Israeli carry might not be the best idea.)

3 comments:

  1. Playing devils advocate: He may be mandated by stupid company policies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mayhaps but I think I'd trade in on a revolver or DAO that I could carry with one ready to go at that point no matter how big a 1911 fanboi I was.

      Delete
  2. Sounds more like a fashion statement.

    ReplyDelete