Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why I'm a Libertarian.

The armed security officer who stopped a church massacre before it got started is claiming to have been drummed out of that very church after coming out as a lesbian. The church is denying it and things are devolving to he said she said.

I don't know who is telling the truth here but I will say that I have seen people who have claimed to share my faith that could not love the sinner. I have had to personally pick up a piece of gravel hand it to someone on a "true holier than thou" rebuke of someone hold it out and tell them, "To quote someone you claim to respect, "Let he among you without sin cast the first stone."

Homosexuality is a more complex issue for individuals and society than people of either opinion upon it are willing to admit. It is the height of arrogance to assume the position of God for judgment yet a society must evaluate how individual choices benefit or hurt it.

Lack of condemnation is not condoning something, and perhaps we should live and let live in that middle ground when others are willing to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right.

    "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?"

    Jesus said unto him, "Thou shalt vigorously reproach other's sins to maintain high cultural standards."


    Wait, I don't think that's quite how Matthew 22:36-40 goes.

    ReplyDelete